Facility Analysis and Planning
Chicago Vocational Career Academy Assessment
The CVCA complex has been called a “Palace of Preparation,” containing an academic building, instructional shop wings and an associated 1943 airplane hangar. Upon completion in 1940, CVCA was pressed into service for the WWII effort before admitting its first full class of high school students in 1946. As part of a multi-discipline team charged with the assessment and scope development for the anticipated rehabilitation of the underutilized school, AltusWorks prepared a Historic Structure Report, summarizing the Orange-rated building’s local significance, existing condition findings, and repair recommendations to inform the design team during development of programming options.