Preservation Tools and Incentives
AltusWorks provides consulting and technical services pertaining to the rehabilitation or preservation of historic structures.
Based on an extensive knowledge of existing and historic buildings, AltusWorks advises on available financial incentives; assists in obtaining those grants; assists in obtaining historic tax credits; reviews existing conditions; creates rehabilitation plans according to the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards; and works with local, state and federal agencies to gain approval on project approach and implementation.
Specific historic preservation services include:
- National Register Nominations
- Federal Income Tax Credits
- Local Landmark and Historic District Nominations
- Property Tax Assessment Freeze
- Class L Property Tax Incentive: Cook County
- Historic Structures Reports
- Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS)